Title: «Nr.4587, “Pont du Diable, n°1»
Origin: Ferrier & Soulier
Size Paper & Print: 30 × 30 cm | 22 × 22 cm
Printing technique: Piezography® Pro
Paper: Arches Velin BFK Rives® France ∞
100% Cotton, Made on a cylinder mould and ca. 250 gr/m2. acid-free.
Swiss handmade frame: 30 × 30 cm
Material: Wood Birch-KR nature | profile 11/28
Distance: 5 mm, nature
Glass: Anti-reflective white glass
Edition of 365, Zürich
The Gotthard massif connects the north to the south and gives home to the four springs of the: Reuss, Rhone, Rhein and Ticino which spread to the four points of the compass.
The first Devil’s Bridge (painted also by Joseph Mallord William Turner) built of stone (1595) was heavily destroyed in 1799 on the 25th of September when it was the setting of a fight between Napoleonic and Russian troops. In 1888 the bridge came tumbling down. The second Devil’s Bridge out of stone was built between 1820 – 1830.